Mississippi River Country (MRC) is the “heart of America”—a 10-state region steeped in culture, history and heritage. The Mississippi River serves as the connecting thread, but these 10 states each have their own stories to tell. Visitors will discover rich cultural, musical and culinary options, as well as opportunities for outdoor recreation, education and much more.
Established in 1986, MRC works with tourism directors in all 10 states to promote the Mississippi River region to the Japanese market.
MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES FOR MRC PARTNERS
Available to any business or organization in a dues-paying MRC member state*
- Representation at Tourism Expo Japan (September 20-23, 2018) – Attend or distribute your materials at Tourism Expo Japan, one of the world’s largest tourism trade fairs. Attendees will be able to sit in on one-on-one meetings with travel trade operators and travel media, who will also receive your personalized profile sheet. If you choose not to attend, you will be able to distribute materials at the expo.
- Inclusion in California sales mission (spring 2019) – Attend the MRC’s California trade mission in spring 2019, where you will meet face-to-face with U.S.-based Japanese travel organizations that work with the inbound market, as well as Japanese-language media. Additional networking time will also be available.
- Mentions in MRC e-newsletter (distributed 6 times/year) – Receive a featured mention in the MRC e-newsletter, which is distributed every two months to Japanese travel trade representatives and media.
- Profile sheet (translated one-sheet handout distributed at Tourism Expo Japan, IPW and other meetings) and webpage on mrcusa.jp – Receive an electronic version of your personalized profile sheet for distribution. Profile sheets will also be shared at Connect Worldwide’s meetings with media and travel trade representatives throughout the year. Your profile sheet will also receive its own page on MRC’s Japanese-language website
- Social media posts (4 per year) – Receive 4 posts per year on MRC’s Japanese-language Facebook page.
- Leads list from MRC
- Quarterly report from MRC
For more information, call MRC Managing Director Lyn Pilch at (866) 763-8310 or email email@example.com
Take advantage of these affordable options to reach the growing Japanese travel market. Sign up today!
To make sure your organization is included in the marketing efforts for the 2018-19 fiscal year campaign listed above, please register by August 1, 2018.
Click here to download the partnership handout.
*If your business or organization is from a non-dues-paying member state, annual dues ($20,000) must be covered before your inclusion in MRC marketing materials.