Thank you for your interest in Mississippi River Country’s Japanese trade mission on May 18-19, 2020, at the Miyako Hybrid Hotel in Torrance, CA.
Mississippi River Country (MRC) is an organization that promotes the 10 states along the country’s most iconic river as “the heart of America”—an area rich in culture, cuisine, history and natural beauty—to international markets, primarily Japan.
This trade mission will connect tourism partners with a new audience of more than a dozen travel trade operators representing tour groups throughout Japan, which ranks No. 2 for overseas inbound visitors to the United States.
Trade mission highlights:
- Meet with travel trade operators representing Japan, including Agent Kai (largest Japanese travel trade organization in the U.S.)
- Promote your destination to an enthusiastic inbound travel market
- Inclusion in mission directory (translated to Japanese) provided to all tour operators in attendance*
- Attend a networking lunch to strengthen business connections
Monday, May 18
- Presentation by international marketing firm Connect Worldwide on Japanese travel trends and tips for Japanese tour operator meetings
Tuesday, May 19
- Japanese-language presentation by Connect Worldwide to travel trade representatives
- Group meetings (organized by state/destination) with travel trade representatives
- Networking lunch for all attendees and travel trade representatives
Final schedule pending—check back for more information.
Registration cost* is $1,000, which includes participation in all sessions, as well as a profile sheet for your destination (in English and Japanese) that will be included in the mission directory** distributed to all travel trade attendees and used in future sales calls and media event.
(Your profile sheet can be distributed at future international trade shows like IPW and Tourism Expo Japan and will be added to mrcusa.jp, our Japanese-language website.)
A hotel room block is available on site at Miyako Hybrid Hotel. Be sure to mention Mississippi River Country when booking your room via phone at (310) 212-5111.
The Miyako Hybrid Hotel offers shuttle service to and from Los Angeles International Airport, free parking, complimentary WiFi and an on-site restaurant.
*Note: Registration does not include transportation or lodging.
**Participants must register by Friday, March 13, to guarantee inclusion in the mission directory.
For further information, please contact Alan Hamari at the MRC National Office at (866) 763-8310 or [email protected]