Join us for the MRPC Annual Meeting this September!
Join us for educational sessions, engaging meetings, and celebration as we discuss the future of the Great River Road as an All-American Road and how our state commissions and technical committees can help us continue our efforts to preserve, promote, and enhance this iconic parkway.
Register for the meeting here
- Registration: $200 per person, $150 per person spouse/guest not participating in general sessions (early bird rate – before August 8)
- After August 8, registration is $250 per person, $200 spouse/guest
- Meeting registration includes:
- Welcome event at Memphis Redbirds on September 7
- All general sessions and materials
- Meals – 9/7 dinner, 9/8 lunch and banquet dinner, 9/9 breakfast and lunch
The Peabody Hotel
The historic Peabody Hotel is located in the heart of downtown Memphis, within easy walking distance of Beale Street and the Mississippi River. This iconic luxury hotel opened in 1869 and is known for the famous “Peabody Ducks” that live on the hotel rooftop and make twice-daily visits to the fountain in the lobby.
- $123 per night single/double
- Register by August 8, 2022, to secure group room rate
- Call 1-800-PEABODY (mention Mississippi River Parkway Commission)
Tentative Meeting Schedule:
Wednesday, September 7
- 9am–3pm: Board Strategic Planning Session
- 3-4pm: Board Meeting
- 6:30-9:30pm: Welcome Event @ Memphis Redbirds, AutoZone Park (across the street from The Peabody Hotel) – Enjoy food, drink, and baseball at the home of the Triple-A affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals
Thursday, September 8
- 8:00am-4:30pm: 4:30pm General Session – “Strengthening our State Commissions”
Learn, challenge and support each other through a 10-state conversation—led by the states—on topics identified as important for the future and to meet All-American Road expectations.
- Leveraging the CMP for funding and partners
- Grass roots partnerships
- Ad campaigns
- A model for rural development through tourism
- Grant writing
- Interpretive Center relations
- Tapping MRPC resources for a sustainable commission
- Building back a commission
- Successful state agency partnerships
- Innovations in new commission formation
- 6:30-8:30pm: Banquet and Awards
Friday, September 9
- 8:00am-3pm: “Working Together as An-All American Road”
Our four technical committees, along with our state commissions, are the backbone to who we are in our mission to preserve, promote, and enhance the Great River Road. We will continue to learn and work together through our technical committees.
We will add more meeting details as they become available, so please check this page regularly for more information.